Welcome, one and all!! Come on in.
September is upon us! You know what that means: The Skeleton Key is BACK.
And guess what, everybody?? This year is the blog’s 10TH ANNIVERSARY!
Let’s take a moment to celebrate the past DECADE together with some deep cuts! Listed below are a few of my most popular posts from throughout the site’s history.
Remember that time this blog…
- found the original Ebay listing for the infamous, cursed Dibbuk Box (2011)?
- geeked out about the criminally underrated horror film Session 9 (2011)?
- paid homage to Disneyland’s mysteriously disappearing Hatbox Ghost (2011)?
- reported on the Internet’s priciest costumes (2012)?
- discovered the most horrific mushroom in the natural world (2012)?
- made you question the way you’re pronouncing the very name of our beloved holiday (2013)?
- reflected upon the creepiness of clowns years before the IT remake even came out (2013)?
- outlined the history behind unlucky numbers (2014)?
- interviewed the great Pumpkinrot (2014)?
- explained the dreaded Death Tarot card (2014)?
- compared screams in different languages (2015)?
- outlined the litigation surrounding Will Smith’s sonic tribute to Nightmare on Elm Street (2016)?
- revealed that canned pumpkin isn’t actually pumpkin (2017)?
Not to brag, but I daresay I’ve covered some unique content over the years. And 2021 will be no exception!
Prepare yourself for the website equivalent of a cheap carnival fun-house ride through all of the delightfully unexpected jump-scares of your most favorite holiday!! (I think that metaphor kinda went off the rails at the end, but you get the idea.)
Thanks for reading, and welcome back!