Happy Actual Week of Halloween, everybody!! I hope you’re having a great time watching horror films, carving pumpkins, eating candy, and dressing up like Axl Rose for a session of “Scaryoke” (or is that just me?).
I now present to you a varied selection of some Halloween articles for your reading enjoyment (in no particular order).
- Here’s a rather acerbic rundown about the very latest in “sexy” women’s costumes. You’ll never look at Chewbacca the same way again.
- Read these 21 interesting nuggets about the Nightmare Before Christmas (including the fact that “Disney fought for Jack [Skellington] to have eyes”).
- Want a peek at the (fiiiiinally completed) upcoming Sherlock Holmes episode? Click here.
- Google has used its almighty data-tracking powers to create the Frightgeist map, which shows the most popular costumes based on people’s Internet searches by location. Looks like Charleston, NC, loves their ninja turtles, whereas the most-wanted Halloween garb for people in Des Moines, IA, is (inexplicably) the elephant costume. Discuss.
- This year Halloween, as contagious as ever, has continued its Rotavirus-like spread over in Japan. This makes me very ureshii. 🙂
- Is Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure a Halloween film? This article makes a very convincing argument that the answer is “Hell yes.” (In fact, I highly recommend ALL of the O.T.I.S. Halloween blog posts, so go ahead and grab yourself a pumpkin muffin and a hot chocolate and sift on through them.)
- Here are some very dark, unsettling paintings by artist Nicola Samori.
- There is a McSweeney’s list called “Here Are All the Ways I Could Have Died Today.” The title says it all.