There is a haunted house here in NYC that must just barely be legal. I have not been to it myself but have seen reviews online. When you read a few quotes from the reviews, you might not believe your eyes.
- “[Q]uickly somebody pulls up my handcuffed arms and have attached them to some sort of rope.”
- “I’m told to kneel down and now I can feel the sticky, wet grimy floor and then suddenly water is being poured over the hood.”
- “Somebody is inserting their possibly unsanitary fingers into my mouth.”
- “Panic froze me to the chair and what felt like a mouth lightly licked and bit my ankle.”
- “The naked man ran around the room and came back with my left shoe and wiped a clear substance on it.”
- “I follow her instruction and she squeezes liquid from the tampon into my open mouth.”
The attraction is called Blackout NYC, and although I love haunted houses, I wouldn’t go to this one if someone paid me to! (In fact, I wouldn’t even call this a “haunted house” per se; it seems more like a deranged hazing ritual. There’s no way I could handle it.)
Attendees must sign a waiver before being admitted. Oh, and of course, each person has to go through alone. And there is a safety word to end the experience. Now that pretty much says it all…
All photos from Blackout’s promotional video.